Thursday, November 21, 2013

Catching Fire: Will you see or flee?

Catching Fire, who is excited? I will be honest, I was not a fan of the first movie...let me explain! I read the book (no I'm not the "a-movie-cannot-be-better-than-the-book" type of person) and I had my own vision of how the it all went down. I actually saw the movie this past summer (2013) with a friend; she had memorized the whole movie. THE WHOLE MOVIE!

Don't get me wrong, I adore Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Linings Playbook...amazing!), I think the whole cast is great, but it could be better.

There were time in the Hunger Games where there was a ton of action, I was on the edge of my seat; then there was nothing going on and Katniss was strolling around the forest or was sleeping in a tree or waiting for the little presents to fall from the sky...not that exciting.

I did not finish the second book; I didn't even reach the half-way point, nothing was happening. My Hunger-Games-Trilogy-Loving friends have told me that it gets intense and Prim does something and Katniss kisses So-and-So...blah-blah-blah.

From what I have seen of the trailer, Katniss seems to be having little sister, guy, and President Snow problems...apparently Snow wants to off her...that escalated quickly. There are riots going on and now everyone is looking up to Katniss Everdeen, the Girl on Fire! (Stanley Tucci as Caesar, love it!)

What are your thoughts on Catching Fire? Do you think it will be better or worse than Hunger Games? Will you see or flee?

Leave a comment below, I'm hoping to see the movie tomorrow and post my review ASAP.

And in the words of Katniss Everdeen, "May the odds be ever in your favor."

2 comments:

  1. Claudia, where did you come up with the idea of starting a movie review blog?

    ReplyDelete